Bay Scallops w/ Pesto
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
Hot pepper flakes to taste
1 lb. fresh bay scallop’s
2 tablespoon pesto, diluted with warm water to consistency of heavy cream
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add garlic and hot pepper. Just as garlic begins to color, add scallops and sauté, uncovered, over high heat.
- After about 4 minutes, add pesto to pan, stirring for several minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Serves 6
Scallop w/ Fettuccine
2 1/2 oz. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1/8 teaspoon basil
2 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1 teaspoon sugar
1 lb. bay scallops
1 lb. fettuccine or thin spaghetti
- Use a 2 quart saucepan. Place in the olive oil and garlic.
- Lightly brown the garlic on medium temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients except the scallops. Cook on low heat, at slow boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the scallops and cook another 5 minutes. If using scallops larger than 1/2 inch cook 7 minutes.
Scallops on the Half Shell
8 ounces of Bay Scallops
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup Breadcrumbs
2 medium tomatos
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the side muscles from the scallops and rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted add the garlic and a pinch of salt and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the bread crumbs until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomato, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Evenly divide the tomato mixture between 4 oven proof ramekins or scallop shells. Place the scallops over the tomato mixture and top with the cracker or bread crumbs. Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve immediately.
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 ½ ponds bay scallops
½ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pour melted butter into a 2 quart oval casserole dish. Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.
1 lb bay scallops
Juice of 1/2 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 orange
2 tablespoon cilantro, minced (parsley may be used)
2 scallions, minced (green and white parts together)
1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- In a small bowl mix juices and scallions before adding scallops
- Place mixture in fridge for 2-5 hours (the longer it sits the better the flavor)
- After allotted time add soy sauce and cilantro
- Serve with toothpick